In my last post, I mentioned that I’d hit a little snag when I was migrating my live site over to my new architecture. When I built my test site it always used a subdomain (beta.cirriustech.co.uk) so I never had any issue with DNS. However, when I migrated my live site over, I had built it with a subdomain for testing (prod.cirriustech.co.uk) whilst the live site on WebApp/Grav still used the naked domain (cirriustech.
Much later than planned, I’ve completed the cutover to my new Hugo static site in production, as written about in my last post. A number of factors delayed it. Mostly private, which I won’t go into here, but also some technical ones too that I put aside for a while due to the above. Having now resolved them (more on that in an upcoming blog post), the site is now live, with the only other changes from those listed in the previous post being as follows:
In my recent posts, I spent a lot of time talking about Hugo and Static Websites in Azure. I’ve now finished converting the content from this existing blog over to Hugo, underpinned by: Azure Static Websites Azure Storage Azure DevOps Azure Functions Cloudflare CDN It’s now available to preview at https://beta.cirriustech.co.uk - go give it a try! I’ll likely be moving the root domain over to the new site within the next week.